1. Overhauled engines and Exchange engines for a period of twenty four (24) months or Five Hundred (500) hours of operation, whichever occurs first, after the warranty activation date. Shock loaded or repaired engines for a period of twelve (12) months or two hundred and fifty (250) hours of operation, whichever occurs first, after the warranty activation date. NMA will at its option repair or replace on an exchange basis any engine or part overhauled by it which is returned or reported within seven (7) days of defect to NMA and which upon examination is found to the satisfaction of NMA to be defective in material or workmanship.
2. The Warranty on overhauled or repaired engine ancillary components by Nicholson McLaren Aviation (Magneto’s, Fuel Systems Components, Heaters, Turbo Components etc) is valid for 6 months or 100 hours (whichever occurs first)*
3. The warranty period runs from the date of completion of work at our facility.
4. Repair or replacement of any engine or part under this warranty will not extend the period of warranty coverage set forth above.
5. This warranty also applies only to engines on which the inspection, maintenance and operating instructions and recommendations contained in the appropriate operators manual and applicable service bulletins, letters, instructions and AD’s have been complied with. Accomplishment of recommended inspections and maintenance must be documented by appropriate logbook entries and the logbook must accompany any engine being returned for warranty consideration.
6. This warranty does not apply to any engine or part supplied or overhauled by NMA which has been subject to misuse, neglect or accident or which has been installed, repaired, maintained or altered in any way that in the judgement of NMA has adversely affected the condition of the engine or which has been operated beyond factory recommendations (such as, but not limited to RPM, temperature, manifold pressure, fuel flow and improper system adjustment).
7. The conditions of this warranty do not apply to normal maintenance service (such as engine set-ups, adjustments, inspections, etc).
8. The aircraft must be flown a minimum of one hour in each two week period until such time as 25 hrs have been recorded, so as to minimise the possibility of cylinder barrel and other component corrosion.
9. All applications for warranty claims are to be addressed in writing and all inspections for warranty claims will only be carried out at NMA’s Wokingham premises.
10. All new parts are covered by the manufactures warranty only. All subcontracted overhauled and repaired parts are covered by the subcontractor’s terms and warranty.
11. Externally sourced accessories are warranted in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, also with our supplier’s terms and conditions.
12. This warranty is a warranty to repair or replace and not a warranty of the condition or future performance of the product which it covers. There is no other warranty, expressed or implied, specifically, but without limitation. There are no implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will NMA be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages or costs arising out of the failure of any engine or part to operate properly, or arising out of any breach of the warranty made herein. No person is authorised to give any other warranty or to assume any additional obligation or liability on behalf of NMA.
13. In no event shall NMA be liable for consequential or incidental damage or for economic loss of any nature, whether arising in contract or in tort. The sole and exclusive remedy against NMA shall be for the repair or replacement of parts or components thereof, in accordance with the conditions of this Warranty.
14. This warranty does not extend to any vis major including but not limited to riots, storm, lightening, earthquake or any other adverse weather or natural conditions not mentioned herein.
15. This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.